2006 encuentro logistics
- registration fee
(or pay online before you come)
- bowl, cup, eating utensils
- sleeping bag & pillow
- art and propaganda to share with others
- commitment to take the campaign back to your community
- Please fly into Ft. Myers, Florida (RSW).
- Several discount carriers -- such as Southwest, Jet Blue, and Spirit -- operate there. Also, try sidestep.com, onetime.com, kayak.com and studentuniverse.com for cheap fares.
- Note: We will coordinate transportation from RSW to Immokalee and vice versa. Please send your flight info to marc(at)sfalliance.org if you need a ride.
- If flying, please arrive in Ft. Myers on Thursday, September 21 before 5pm. The program will begin in Immokalee at 6:30pm on Thursday (dinner will be served at 5:30pm).
- The weekend will wrap up at 5pm on Sunday, September 24. Please make your arrangements to depart Sunday evening or Monday morning.
- The registration fee for the weekend is a sliding scale between $50-150. You may pay online or on the first day of the Encuentro.
- The majority of the money collected from registration will fund scholarships for participants who would otherwise not be able to attend. The rest will be used to cover other costs for the weekend: food, housing, materials, meeting space, and transportation. We wouldn't ask for the money if we didn't truly need it.
- We encourage all participants to fundraise to cover their registration and travel costs. A limited number of scholarships will be available for those who have exhausted all other options. Please contact us at organize(at)sfalliance.org if you need help fundraising or anticipate needing a scholarship.
- Housing will be provided for participants from Thursday evening until Monday morning. Most housing is gender-neutral floor space since there are very few available beds and sofas at our disposal. If you need a bed or sofa for health reasons, please let us know in advance.
- Please bring a sleeping bag, pillow, and pad if you need that to be comfortable.
- We will provide transportation to and from the meeting and housing spaces.
- Healthy, delicious meals and snacks will be provided for participants throughout the weekend, beginning with Thursday dinner and ending with a cookout on Sunday night.
- If you are a vegetarian or vegan or have any food allergies, please let us know when you register.
- Each participant will need to spend an hour volunteering with some basic tasks to help keep our cooking dishes and meeting spaces clean; our meals coming on time; and, overall, the weekend running smoothly.
- If you have experience with food prep or cooking for large groups and would be interested in volunteering with the food team, contact brent(at)sfalliance.org or natasha(at)sfalliance.org.
Questions? Contact us.