Boot the Braids weekend of action
Since the launch of Boot the Braids last January, the Fair Food Nation has sprung into action organizing teach-ins, letter delegations and demonstrations at Wendy's campuses across the country!
As we head into summer, it's time to
take action again! Here's what you can do:
Plan a creative action
Students on Wendy's and non-Wendy's campuses alike are planning to shake things up and you, too, can get in on the action! From a red-wig letter delegation to a flash mob outside Wendy's, the possibilities are endless. Get creative and have fun! Email us for more ideas, and be sure to send your picture(s) and/or video to email@example.com.
We know your selfie game is strong, so flash those pearly whites for Fair Food this this Friday-Saturday.
- Finish this sentence: "I support #BootTheBraids because…" Write it on piece of paper.
- Take a selfie with the message. If you can, do in front of a symbolic or important place on campus or in your community.
- Tweet it, and post it on Facebook and Instagram.
- When posting, write a caption that includes the handles @sfalliance and @Wendys and the hashtag #BootTheBraids
- Encourage your friends to share!
To stay up to date on all things action-related, check out the Facebook event here. However you get involved, let us know what you're planning: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to a great weekend!
-the immokalee crew
PS Don't forget: this Friday, April 25, is the final deadline for Immokalee summer internship applications!
Effort to protect farmworkers from sexual assault gaining momentum (Al Jazeera America, 4/17)
Read more >
Food Chains gets a new clip (Shock Ya, 4/17) Read more >
Lecture highlights CIW, decrease in farmworkers exploitation (Creative Loafing, 4/15)
Read now >
Del Monte Fresh joins CIW Fair Food Program (Press Release, 4/9)
Read now >